1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the solo project since the recording of the new album?
I have been working on a new full-length album. It isn’t necessarily near completion however it is coming together very well and developing smoothly.
2.You have a new album coming out in September, musically how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
Every record of mine seems to tell a story. If you mean lyrically this album is a continuation of the story telling process. If you mean instrumentals, I applied rawer electric guitar than in my previous work and produced it so that it sounded more polished but still have that intensity my albums usually do. Every one of my albums is esthetically different than the previous whether it be the instrumentations or the general concept of the album.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with the newer music and also how would you describe your progress as a songwriter over the years?
Since I've been writing music which began at a very young age I began with general knowledge of music theory. I would just play simple chord progressions and the themes of my music were about my romantic relationships and relationships with people. Over the years I have gradually become more familiar with the mysteries of music as well as the technical techniques of songwriting in particular.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'AntiMozdeBeast'?
Anti derived from Antichrist, Moz derived from Mozart because I believe his music is the foundation of all heavy music and de Beast was for added effect. I decided not only to name this project AntiMozdeBeast because of those key elements but because of my personal life. My mother was the 21st child of 21 children who was practicing to become a nun. I was born on June 6th and had my first open heart surgery at age 3. In my adolescence I believed I was destined to be some sort of spiritual entity that would change the course of humanity. Mind you I was very young and naive.
5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?
My brother passed away a few years ago and the vortex in the tombstone was symbolic for the unknown universe that is unavoidable once someone has found their way into death. As well as the inexplicable truth that life experience can answer some of those mysteries for those who seek it.
6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?
I prefer to work alone. However, I do prefer to work with others live.
7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
I am currently unsigned and am not particularly searching for a label but if I do receive any interest I would take it into account.
8.Since 2019 you have released a good amount of material, do you spend a lot of your time writing and creating music?
I do, mainly every day, while most people are busy with their own daily routines I am working and writing poetry, lyrics and music.
9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of metal and industrial?
On a world-wide scale? I have been featured in many publications and podcasts around the globe. I'm not certain as to my position on how followers or fans generally perceive or feel about my music as of yet.
10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?
I will always be a musician. I'm not quite sure what you mean by this question, the context I mean. E.g., will I develop new musical tastes, will my genres become broader, will my music become more popular? All I know is that I want to leave a body of work behind so as to be remembered.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles you are currently listening to nowadays?
I listen to a broad variety of musical genres including aggrotech, industrial metal, EDM, rap, rock, classical metal, black metal, the list goes on.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Thank you for taking the time and consideration of including AntiMozdeBeast in your publication.

No comments:
Post a Comment