1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band forthose that are not familiar with you?
Well we are Dagor Dagorath from Israel we formed in 2003,band founded by Vorog(guitar/vocals),Getman Azach(Keyboards/back vovals) and me Mizgir( Bass guitar) and started as a pagan black metal band .., in 2007 we released our demo Times of DIstress and after that we changed our musical style to Black /Death
and now we releasing first album Yetzer Hara
2. How would you describe your sound?
Our sound is rich and complex i think that to hear all the elements in the album you need to hear it couple of times...
alot of Keyboards parts and different musical styles
3. I know the band name comes from Tolkien, what is it about this author that you find interesting?
first when we choose the name of the band we all read lord of the rings and what we found interesting in Tolkien is the way that he created huge fantasy world and when you read his books you feel that this world that he created is real ...
4. The album title Yetzer Ha Ra has kind of a cabalistic kind of sound to it, is it influenced by this form of Hebrew Mysticum?
Not exactly the title refers to the concept of"An inclination towards evil"as detailed in jewish lore.
the concept is metaphoric-through descriptions of outward warriors battles you may feel the union of each personality's own inward contradiction natures suffocation and fight between each ones defined evil/goodness sources.
5. How would you describe the musical progress over the years and what direction do you see the band heading into on future releases?
Our musical progress was huge first we played pagan black metal and then we moved to play black /death
olso our musical skills are better we dont stand in one place we try to developed our band and try new things
about the direction that we heading on future releases it hard to tell something specific right now we in the middle of writing new material for second album but it will be definitely big step forward in every aspect...
6. What are some of the best shows that you have played so far and how would you describe your live performance?
the best show that we had was the release show of our debut album ,it was our show and people come to see us so it was definitely weary special event for us ....
olo our first show in haifa city was very good show the crowd was amazing and gave us good feedback...
7. Are there any plans for a U.S tour?
We thought about it but for now it uncertain and we didnt get any good proposals so maybe in the next year we could come ,we would love to play in the us...
8. How has the music been received so far from the extreme metal community so far?
actually the album released only in russia and a worldwide release is right now 22 january
so in russia album received pretty good a lot positive review and good words, in our country our album olso gained good press..
and about the rest of the world we will see time will tell..
9. What are some bands or music styles that have influenced the band's music?
in the beginning when we started the band most of the bands that we listened were black metal like cradle ,dimmu borgir,anorexia nervosa satyricon and pagan black metal bands but with the time we started to listen to all kinds of metal styles so now we are infuenced from alot of different bands and styles,
10. What are you listening to nowadays?
i dont really know about other band members but I listen to hate,behemoth,Devil Driver,lamb of god,evergrey,arch enemy,ensiferum,opeth,septic flesh there is alot of the bands that i like ....
11. What role does Paganism, Occultism or Satanism play in the music?
i dont think that any of this is related to us.., paganism played a big role in our music when we started but now we moved to different directions...
12. Outside of music what are your interests?
Outside music my main interest is graphic design i am at my 3 year of study visual media and graphic design,so beside's that i dont really have time for other interests because to be a student and play in the band it really hard thing and you dont have alot of free time
13. How would you describe the extreme metal scene in Isreal?
The metal scene here in israel is very small we dont have alot of opportunities to play live concerts here and also you cant tour,
and Black Metal in Israel is not so wide-spread
but people support us from concert to concert and we have a good feedback here...
14. Any final words or thoughts?
Thanxs alot for the Interview
also thanxs to all people that supported us and Continue to do this