Thursday, December 13, 2012
The Advent Equation Interview
1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
A: We are a 5 member Progressive metal band from Monterrey, Mexico. That has been working on this project since 2008. Recently we released our debut album independently.
THE ADVENT EQUATION is composed by:
Daniel Cordoba: Guitar and growling vocals.
Luis Gómez: Guitar
Roberto Charles: Drums
Esaú García: Keyboards.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
A: it’s a mixture of heavy guitar influences, along with atmospheric leads and rhythm complexity, which can go from warm and calm melodic passages, to aggressive and dynamic grooves.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
A: it goes around an existential theme throughout the songs, exploring the mind’s journey through loss, pain and death.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
A: We can describe its meaning by looking at the words individually, with ADVENT we have something big, a change that will occur, that being one side of it, and on the other one we have the word EQUATION which speaks of balance, equality that each member brings .
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
A: We’ve had some memorable performances throughout the years, joining stage with bands such as Haggard, and Opeth, which have been rewarding, each on their own. And definitely a remarkable moment on our history was when we presented this album with a full venue on our hometown.
As for our performance, it has always been as energetic as it is atmospheric, trying to share the way we feel the music.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
A: we look forward to promote our music in 2013, across our country and wherever our music can be heard.
7. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label and if so what kind of label do you feel that would be a perfect fit for your music?
A: We decided to go ahead and release the album independently, to get our music out there, and of course we would be open to professionally work with a label, with intention to make an important contribution to the modern metal scene.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of metal?
A: It has been received in a very positive light, and we would like to take this moment to thank anyone who has supported us by looking us up on social media, and given the album a listen.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
A: Thanks to the genre’s versatility, our future releases will stay within progressive metal. We strongly believe in not limiting yourself. This has been our main drive to make things as professional as possible, to take every detail into consideration, and ensure our productions have the best of each of us.
10. What are some band or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
A: As each member comes from a different background musically speaking, we have a multitude of influences, just to mention a few, Porcupine Tree, Tool, Cynic, Camel, Pink Floyd and melodic metal in general.
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
A: Photography, art, whiskey, sports, videogames, and what living in an industrial city entails.
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?