1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Beleth: Right now the band is writing the third album and playing on various shows and metal fests all over the state and European territory. At the moment everything seems that we are going to combine tours and periods of composition throughout 2012.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the newer material and how it differs from previous releases?
Beleth: I think it sounds much more mature and appropriate for the band. It is more brutal and more approximated to the idea that the band has of music. For several years we always wanted to expose this material, but we were limited by our former label. Now is the time to do it.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the newer music?
Beleth: Oblivion is an album based on Mayan mythology. The Spanish conquest and the break between men and natural roots. We can't exploit only one theme in an album. We cover as much as possible and always giving a critical character.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the band's name?
Beleth: Noctem comes from the ancient Latin language. We chose this name because it reminded us of the most primitive instincts of man, including the fear of the dark.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Beleth: There are so many. Mainly enjoyed playing in festivals. I specially remember shows on our tour with Gorgoroth or the shows of the tour with Samael, Keep of Kalessin and Melechesh. We had really good times. I can describe it as dynamic and aggressive. We keep moving all the time and just after each show we are exhausted.
6. Do you have any plans to tour North America in the future?
Beleth: We received some good offers but I can not talk about it in this moment. I really hope to be there very soon.
7. The last album came out on Rising Records, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support that they have given you so far?
Beleth: Our manager is primarily concerned with these issues. We are pleased with the work done by Rising Records. Sometimes is difficult to find a record label to work hard and focus wholeheartedly in a band. So far no complaints.
8. On a worldwide level how has your music been recieved by fans of black and death metal?
Beleth: I sincerely believe that Oblivion received a much better acceptance than Divinity. This time we had the opportunity to do whatever we wanted. Rising Records has not intervened in the slightest degree the process and this is noticed. We have drawn the worst shit we carry inside in a long time and we have spit it in the face to the world.
9. Are there any other projects besides this band or is this a full time line-up?
Beleth: No. Mainly the musicians of this band are dedicated only to play here.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases.
Beleth: We will continue in the line that Oblivion marked. We do not want to break this job with a weird strange shit. We are really pleased with this work and we believe we can do much better in this line polishing and perfecting details this latest installment elevating it to a higher level of technical and brutality.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer material and also what are you listening to nowadays/
Beleth: Mainly I'm a listener of extreme metal. Black, Death, Grind ... I think we always have been influenced by bands like Belphegor, Dark funeral, Behemoth, Blood Bath, Decapitated, Deicide, Slayer and many more.
12. How would you describe your views on Occultism?
Beleth: As a set of knowledge and practices that seek to awaken dormant parts in man and master the secrets of nature. If you are a Christian you are an asshole and the occultim will be for you a synonym of Satanism. Fuck you social shit!
13. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Beleth: Playing sports, beach, my business and my family. I have no time for much more really Noctem is a very big part of my life.
14. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Beleth: A big hug to all the readers and U.S. Metal Heads. We hope to see you soon in the States fucking and destroying everything in the way we know it haha.
Thank you very much for your time has been a pleasure answering your questions brothers!
Let us know when you publish it!