From North are a new Viking Metal band from Sweden. We incorporate medieval instruments into the music. All of the members have a long history from other bands as: Stormhold, Anata, Bleed for me, Irrbloss, Sinisty, Zero Illusions, Years of falling etc etc.
2. You have an album coming out in September, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
We would describe our music as melodic, big, heavy and dynamic backed by well-made backtracks.
3. Your lyrics deal with Norse Paganism and Mythology, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic?
Everyone in the band has an interest in the Norse history and mythology. We grow up with this stuff, it is a part of who we are. This also goes for Andreas, our sixth member who writes the lyrics.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'From North'?
From North is where we come from. We grow up in this part of the world, so what better name to take...
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
Our next show will be our best show! Ask us again in a year..
6. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
We have our release gig for the upcoming album on the 20th October @Sticky Fingers in Gothenburg. After that we aim for upcoming festivals and more club gigs.
7.The album is going to be released on 'Downfall Records', are you happy with the support that they have given yo so far?
We are definitely happy with Mike and Downfall. He has done a good work so far and looking forward to further collaboration.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of folk and viking metal?
We are surprised and really happy with all the great feedback so far! It makes you proud seeing fans using the From North logo and commenting on and supporting the music. We get a lot of curiosity on the rest of the album; and if you like the first song “From North” you will not be disappointed in the rest!
9. Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
We are really happy with our concept! Mixing different styles of metal and medival instruments into the signature From North sound! Next album is already in the making…
10. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Hard to say because of the broad range of our musical taste. We are all metal heads first and foremost but we have influences from many times, places and styles.
11. What are some of your non musical interests?
Some stuff we like: Growing beard, drinking mead, riding motorcycles, sword fighting, drinking Minttu mixed with Jägermeister = the from North shot (Drink at own risk), and enjoying our beautiful nature; fishing, hiking and camping.
12. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Keep supporting metal in general and From North in particular! Rock on and see you at a stage near you soon!