1. For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
Welcome. MAZE is a continuation of our road on the underground metal scene, that we walk for over a decade. MAZE is a musical journey through the forgotten paths of old-fashioned sounds. MAZE is an nostalgia for the old scene. Currently, the band it's me and M.Mist. I play the guitar, M.Mist is a vocalist and bassist. Other musicians participated in the recording session only. They are: S.Goat and D.Morph. They play or played in other bands.
2. So far you have released a demo and finished recording a full length, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on those recordings?
The material contains a lot of elements characteristic of heavy metal music, presented by us in a more aggressive form. The material is full of characteristic melodies known thanks for recordings of Swedish and Greek bands from the nineties. When we created sounds we focused on the atmosphere of individual tracks. We wanted to have something distinctive and worth remembering in every song.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Try interprete the lyrics and try to get the essence of things yourself. Each interpretation will be good, because your own. Maybe you'll find appeal to the paintings, movies, literature? But remember: "Something stirs in the cosmic mist, Something wakes in a swirling black, Something wanders, moves and twists, breaking through the gloomy clouds".
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Maze'?
First of all, our name could not restrict us musically. Second, it was supposed to be a little mysterious and not very obvious. Third, was supposed to be a short and easy to remember. That's all.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
Few years ago we played live under a different name. So far, we have been focused on making music and recording the full-length album. We haven't any live shows plans yet.
6. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
Currently we finished recording full-length album. Live performance is a good form of promotion, so probably we will promote our band by playing live. We have some interesting ideas, but it's too early to talk about them.
7. In the email you said you where looking for a label, what kind of label do you fell would be a perfect fit for the band?
I believe, that every band being in our place, try to reach with their music to as many listeners. Every band depends on loyal audience. Only involved record label, who believes in the potential of the band, is able to help us in this matter. We are looking for a label, who believes in our capabilities.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of extreme metal?
We have just started the promotion of the band. We provide whole demo for download, we prepare the packages with our materials for dispatch. Consequently, it's too early to say anything more about it. Time will tell.
9. Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
MAZE is a band, which is a part of underground metal scene and so will be. Maybe in the future our name will be more recognizable in the underground. Although we don't care about this so much. We will continue create our sound and realize our musical visions. First of all, we care about music development of the band.
10. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Although our music refers to the metal scene of the eighties and nineties, a large part of the material was created very spontaneously. We play music for many years. We know, how and what we want to play. Our music isn't accidental. We love good music, all genre. Primarily old metal tunes, but also hard rock from seventies... mostly old sounds.
11. What are some of your non musical interests?
First of all, we are fans of the music. Music fills most of our free time. Creating and playing our tunes is fascinating, as listening the tunes of our favorite bands. We collect rare LPs, CDs, MCs... we buy a lot of them. We participate in gigs, festivals and other musical events. I know, that M.Mist, reads much books and he loves mountain climbing... You'd have to ask him.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts.
Thank you for this interview and the interest in our music. Of course, thank those who will read this interview. I greet you and all readers of your blog. Support MAZE and check our tunes: